Contemporary drug treatment is now characterised by a focus on abstinence in recovery and using the Integrated Recovery effectively. This course will give an enhanced understanding of how to strengthen an individual’s motivation for and movement towards specific recovery goals by eliciting and exploring their own reasons for change.
Participants will consider some of the key issues in recovery and abstinence orientated treatment including the integration of interventions to improve and enhance effective outcomes. This process is integral to the treatment journey from initial assessment and care planning through to reviews and abstinence support strategies.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Have increased awareness of the changing direction of drug treatment.
- Have a better understanding of the elements and process of abstinence-based recovery.
- Evaluate the benefits and limitations of 12 step recovery strategies and interventions.
- Identify factors that impact on an individual’s ability to access accommodation, employment, education and training.
- Identify local specialist agencies to actively support reintegration in relation to housing, benefits, employment, training and education.
- Enable clients to work more collaboratively in their treatment process.
- Explore appropriate intervention strategies to empower individuals.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided