To gain an understanding of the effects, risks and trends in drug and alcohol use, drugs and the law, working effectively with drug and alcohol users and the referral processes and support services.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of various drugs and how they are used.
- Deliver increased knowledge of the dangers and effects of drug misuse.
- Show greater confidence in working with drug users.
- Have better awareness of the benefits of accessing and engaging in treatment.
- Have increased knowledge of drugs legislation and the legal framework.
- Consider best practice and appropriate boundary setting.
- Have a better understanding of the benefits to the wider community when clients engage in treatment
(e.g. impact on health and crime).
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided