The Solutions Focussed approach works by eliciting and exploring the person’s own reasons for change within an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion.
It strengthens an individual’s motivation for, and movement toward, a specific goal (for instance engaging in child protection work, engaging in work-focussed activity, reducing offending, adopting healthy eating practices etc.)
It is a valuable tool for all practitioners because it is very simple, versatile and can be put into practice immediately.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand the philosophy behind solution focussed interventions.
- Consider some of the innovations brought in with solution focussed brief interventions.
- Know when solution focussed approaches are the most appropriate strategies to use.
- Demonstrate using solution focussed conversations for supporting individuals.
- Consider how solution focused conversations can move people towards recovery.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided