ADHD & Conduct Disorders: Training for Foster Carers and Social Workers
Supporting Children with ADHD & Conduct Disorders: training for Foster Carers and Social Workers
This training course is aimed at carers who look after children or young people that have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Participants will gain a better understanding of how this affects children and young people. The course also teaches how to provide supportive care and includes key basic techniques for effective interventions.
- To better understand ADHD and its effects on the child in your care
- Enable you to better manage your child’s behaviour
- Increase your confidence in the skills and abilities to ‘parent’
- Develop an even better relationship between you and your child
- Have key basic techniques for effective interventions
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.