Disability Awareness: Bespoke face-to-face training for Foster Carers, Social Workers, Drug Workers and Social Housing Staff
This course seeks to give an overview of the issues and challenges faced by children and young people with a physical or developmental disability of some kind.
This course provides delegates with a greater understanding of what a social limitation is, how they are caused and the best ways to deal with them. Our goal is to create and maintain a culture of inclusion, as this has a positive impact on supporting looked after children. This course will give you the key skills in this area.
- To understand the social model of disability
- To understand the inclusive needs of young people
- To support the vulnerabilities that arise
- To understand how discrimination may affect these groups
- To explore strategies as to how to support young people in your care to reach their full potential
- To understand the barriers that autism can present
This is a huge topic – just let us know which elements you would most like to focus on and we can tailor the course to meet the needs of your teams.