Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course: Live training for Foster Carers, Social Workers, Drug Workers and Social Housing Staff.
Drugs and alcohol can affect young people and influence their development, educational attainment, health and wellbeing. This course empowers attendees with knowledge about specific drugs and alcohol. This will assist them in their relationships with children and young people in their care who may be experimenting with or regularly using drugs and/or alcohol. It will also give them the tools needed to support these young people more effectively.
- To enhance knowledge and understanding of drug culture
- To know the range of drugs and substances that can be misused
- To know the different effects of drugs
- Understand the risks associated with drug misuse
- Learn the main groups of drugs
- Develop an understanding of the reasons why people use substances
- To understand drug use trends
- Understand the key current profile of drug use
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.