Evidencing Organisational Trauma-Informed Care (TIC)
Trauma-informed Care is a crucial approach that aims to ensure that individuals who have undergone psychological trauma or adversity at any point in their lives are protected from further harm or re-traumatisation.
In this course, we will reflect on how this process will be implemented organisationally and through the work and recordings of practitioners. We will explore tools they could use to evidence their judgements and practice.
We will also consider what challenges there may be within trauma resolution and what solutions there may be to aid recovery.
Learning Aims of Trauma-Informed Care training:
- Introduction to how Trauma-Informed Care (TIC) looks in practice both for practitioners and in terms of Organisational TIC
- Ingredients for the organisational trauma-informed approaches that are essential for successful Trauma-Informed Care implementation
- Principles Of Trauma-Informed Care in Practice - What do your practitioners need to reflect on to prevent re-traumatisation?
- Introduction of evidence-based tools to support the identification of unmet needs and, therefore, to promote efficient safeguarding
- Identify evidence-based tools and techniques to support the monitoring of progression
- Introduction to therapeutic recording and evidencing best practice and how this will inform more comprehensive partnership work
Format: This is a live training session through the platform "Zoom". It includes taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, and whole group discussions.
Hand-outs & Certificates: Downloadable hand-outs and certificates will be provided.