Mindful awareness exercises help children develop concentration and self-awareness. Mindfulness is a technique that can lead to structural changes in the brain that develop and enhance stress management qualities, especially:
- Attunement to others
- Increases executive function
- Better impulse control
- Longer attention spans
It has been shown to be effective in the treatment of anxiety, stress and depression.
This course will help you develop the skills to offer Mindfulness techniques to children and young people and provide useful resources to support mindfulness practice.
- The skills of mindfulness, concentration and relaxation
- Techniques for applying mindfulness to the breath, body, thoughts, feelings and everyday life
- Practical tips for practising mindfulness
- Dealing with difficulties that arise in practising
- Supporting the development of resilience
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.