An introduction to Motivational Interviewing Third Wave
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based approach with over 200 controlled trials showing its effectiveness. It aims to guide people in the process of changing many types of unhealthy behaviour and lifestyle choices.
This course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of MI, which can be adapted to address many different types of unhealthy behaviour.
This practical course aims to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and tools required to effectively apply MI in their work practice, thus enabling them to better support and empower clients to make positive behavioural change.
Motivation interviewing is an excellent tool to support young people who may have become stuck in unhealthy behaviours.
This course ensures that participants can:
- Understand the foundations and basic principles of MI
- Reflect on issues regarding change and resistance to change
- Apply basic MI skills and techniques in the work practice
- Identify the benefits and potential applications of MI in the context of their work practice
- Develop greater confidence and self-awareness
- Explore the importance of rapport building