Anyone can develop a gambling problem. By starting to gamble at an early age the young person may increase their chances of becoming a “problem gambler”.
People don’t start as problem gamblers. It begins as a fun activity, but somewhere along the way, it begins to cause problems.
We’ve put together this online gambling training program to explore the issue and offer some helpful advice like:
– Warning signs
– Top tips
– Screening tools
– Key skills in talking to young people about this issue
Learning Outcomes for Online Gambling Training:
• Problem Gambling – Definition, Nature, Incidence
• Young People and Problem Gambling Online
• Understanding Risk Factors
• Identifying Problem Gambling
• Steps to ensure all devices have parental controls set
• Hidden Harm
• Conducting a brief screening or intervention
• Getting help and support
• Summing up – The Test!
Who is Online Gambling training for?
As well as Drugs workers this course is suited to those working with vulnerable children and young people, such as foster carers, social workers and housing officers.
Level: beginner / intermediate. This course can also be adapted to an advanced level for skilled practitioners.
Bespoke Options: this course can be combined with any of the following:
** we can include free access for all participants to our Working with Addictions e-learning module **