The course focuses on empowering children and young people to keep safe whilst encouraging them to be responsible Internet users. Those who are vulnerable in the offline world are also more vulnerable in the online world. This course enables carers to help their placement children to recognise the risks and benefits of online behaviour, which in turn helps to protect them. It gives adults up to date strategies on how to support children and young people as they interact with their constantly evolving online world.
- Understand the importance of internet safety for your child/young person
- Understand the simple things you as a parent/carer can do to make the internet safer for your child/young person
- Make online safety doable for you and your family
- Dismiss some of the myths that surround the internet
- Understand some of the key terminology relevant to modern internet use
- Find out some useful additional resources you and your family can access
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.