PEP & The Virtual School (including The Pupil Premium)
This course is for anyone needing to have the full process of the Virtual School, the PEP process and the pupil premium explained to them in relation to children in care.
It aims to enhance the quality and effectiveness of education planning and raise educational achievement. This training ensures that the Virtual School are playing their part in fully equipping the team around the child with the skills and knowledge they need to carry out their roles and responsibilities effectively. The goal is to promote positive educational and recreational activities and support children to be aspirational about their education, training and employment.
- To understand the Local Authority’s duty under 22 (3A) of The Children’s Act 1989 to promote the educational achievements of Looked after Children
- To understand the new system supporting Children and young people with SEN or Disability (SEND Code of Practice 0-25 years)
- To understand the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) needs assessments
- Understand Personal Educational Plans (PEP) and be able to use them to support the child’s personalised learning
- Know the best ways to support ‘Eligible children’ through education and training, as well as encouraging further education or higher education
- To understand the use of bursaries
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. Also, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Courses are also available specifically for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Format: This is a live training session through the platform "Zoom". It includes taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, and whole group discussions.
Hand-outs & Certificates: Downloadable course notes and certificates of attendance are provided.