Safer Care – live training for Foster Carers and Social Workers.
This course will look at why it is important to think about Safe Care in relation to foster carers, their families and wider networks, ensuring children and young people in care are safe in a family environment.
This is an interactive training course, looking at different areas of risk and how to minimise them. You will also understand more about Local Area Designated Officer (LADO), the risks that the digital world poses and the process of investigating allegations.
- Understand what safer caring is
- Understand how your role fits into the wider context of safeguarding children
- Know how to develop strategies, knowledge and understanding that ensures safer caring in a ‘risk sensible’ way
- Have an understanding of delegated authority
- Be able to weigh up risks in a variety of circumstances
- Develop strategies for keeping all members of the family and extended network safe