Social Media & Online Gaming Safety Training – live training for Foster Carers & Social Workers
The rise of technology and our reliance on the Internet has changed the world and the way we interact with each other. The impact for young people of being constantly “plugged-in” as they grow and develop is still to be discovered.
There are many positive aspects of social media, but also many potential dangers for children and young people, particularly those in care. Gaming has evolved into a primary form of social activity for many young people so it is important that they are advised on how to use these platforms safely.
This course gives parents and carers the tools to both protect and educate the children in their care.
- Understand the importance of internet safety for your child/young person around gaming
- Understand the simple things you as a parent/carer can do to make gaming safer for your child/young person
- Why is gaming so popular?
- What are the advantages/what can you learn?
- How can we support those addicted to gaming?
- Understanding parental controls and what existing tools are available
- Signposting where is useful to find out more
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.