This training will give you the tools to approach interactions as a collaboration by holding both your own needs and the needs of the other. Empowering Empathic Conversations is about working toward a win-win outcome that creates longer lasting change. This practice requires self-empathy and compassion, as we hear what our inner and outer critic wants to share. This awareness allows us to be actively present with the other person and stop "back sit driving the conversation."
This course also considers what ambivalence is and how our communication style can either trap or actively engage someone towards a cycle of change.
- Cultivate deep listening skills
- Relate to yourself and others with honesty and compassion
- Have clarity about the motivations driving what you and others say or do
- Feel more confident in having difficult conversations and expressing disagreement
- Staying safe, grounded and open when challenged
- Work collaboratively with others for long-lasting change
- Understand how we structure our communication styles relating to Needs vs Strategies, Feelings, Observations and Requests, and how our chosen style impacts the outcome
Format: This is a live training session through the platform "Zoom". It includes taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, and whole group discussion.
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided
Certificate: A certificate will be provided upon the completion and evaluation of the course