Autism and Sexuality Training
This program aims to assist participants to navigate around critical themes, i.e. boundaries, sexual health, puberty, hygiene and other challenges faced by carers. The goal is to build confidence and competence in mapping out and reinforcing key messages around how to manage sexual feelings and healthy relationships
Learning Outcomes of Autism and Sexuality Course
1. Define sexuality
2. Explore common myths
3. Consider challenging behaviour patterns
4. Look at challenges in conversation
5. Become familiar with key research
6. Consider possible risks both to the young person and wider community
7. Explore assessment methods
8. Identify issues in sex education
9. Discuss social and life skills and the role of the family
Who is an Autism and Sexuality course for?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]