This course is ideal for those who work in a helping or supportive capacity and aims to enhance the practice of those working on a face-to-face basis. This course provides carers with a basic understanding of the counselling skills they may be using already and how to use counselling skills more effectively. It is designed for people who wish to develop an understanding of the principles and practice of counselling in relation to a range of family situations.
- Full understanding of what counselling skills are and how they can be used
- Understand the key modalities and concepts in Counselling, e.g. core conditions, three stage model, etc.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the counselling process
- Increased practical skills and tools that are relevant to your roles
- Confident in supporting others
- Self-awareness and the ability to enable change
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
This course can also be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]