This one-day communication skills course provides a powerful insight into the way communication works. It is a practical day, filled with exercises, games and discussion.
You will learn and practice ways to handle difficult or tricky situations. In addition, you’ll go away with real skills you can use immediately.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand how communication works
- Use active listening and responding skills
- See things from other points of view
- Manage your assumptions more effectively
- Understand your own strengths
- Understand how others may see you
- Understand body language
- Experience increased confidence
- Handle difficult people or situations
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]