Drugs and alcohol can affect young people and influence their development, educational attainment, health and wellbeing. This course empowers attendees with knowledge about specific drugs and alcohol. This will assist them in their relationships with children in their care who may be experimenting with or regularly using drugs and / or alcohol. It will also give them the tools needed to support these young people more effectively.
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of drug culture
- Know the range of drugs and substances that can be misused
- To understand the effects of different drugs
- Understand the risks associated with drug misuse
- Develop an understanding of the reasons why people use substances
- Understand the psychosocial implications of drug use
- Be familiar with the current legislation around controlled substances
- Awareness of specialist treatment and support services
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
Bespoke Options: this course can be combined with ‘Legal Highs’ training.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]