The National Minimum Standards for Fostering and Fostering Service Regulations 2011 require fostering services to provide foster homes for children that are warm, adequately furnished and decorated and maintained to a good standard of hygiene.
This course is designed for foster carers who may be new to fostering and want to be Health and Safety compliant and enable safer placements within the home.
- Understanding what constitutes Health and Safety
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety Legislation
- Know how to do Risk Assessments
- Understand the common hazards in the home
- Have a basic understanding of food safety
- Understand in relation to transport and vehicle issues
- Have methods for Reporting and Recording
Health and Safety incidents
Is this course for me?
Recommended to be completed within first 2 years of approval.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]