This course will enable workers to understand the processes of how a placement can break down. This awareness will enable workers to be more proficient at managing their own emotional state, as well as supporting the child more successfully.
We will also examine why the child may sabotage the placement, and how we can change our practice to a safe base model in order to re-engage with the child and stabilise the placement.
- Understand the common causes of placement breakdown
- Recognise the underlying triggers within both parties that can lead to a placement breaking down
- Identify the events and behaviours that can make placement breakdown more likely
- Identify actions that can be taken to minimise the chances of a placement breaking down
- Identify support needs and networks in the event of a placement breakdown
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]