Mindful awareness exercises help children develop concentration and self-awareness. Mindfulness is a technique that can lead to structural changes in the brain that develop and enhance stress management qualities, especially:
- Attunement to others
- Increases executive function
- Better impulse control
- Longer attention spans
It has been shown to be effective in the treatment of anxiety, stress and depression.
This course will help you develop the skills to offer Mindfulness techniques to children and young people and provide useful resources to support mindfulness practice.
- To understand the core principles of mindfulness
- To know the five powerful tools to develop and strengthen psychological acceptance
- Have powerful strategies to rapidly reduce the impact of negative thoughts
- Have a sound understanding of mindfulness and how to use it therapeutically
- Be able to develop your own mindfulness techniques
- Be able to help clients connect with their core values and take committed action
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]