The course is for those with no prior knowledge of the conditions and is particularly relevant for those undertaking or considering Parent and Child Placements.
These two physical and cognitive disorders can have a devastating impact on children and families. During the course we will demystify these conditions and explore strategies to support the child.
- To understand the health and medical impacts of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Understand the medical interventions after birth
- To identify the common signs of FASD and NAS
- Understand the effects of prenatal exposure to other drugs
- To consider the impact of FASD and NAS on health and social development for the child
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]