Everyone working with looked after children and their families are involved in recording in different ways. Recording is an essential part of the service provided to children and families. However we recognise that record keeping is not an activity that is approached with enthusiasm by many carers
This course has been designed for carers to understand how important observation is when looking after young people and how observation can assist you in developing relationships.
- Explore and understand what observation of children and young people entails
- Know how to use observation skills
- Understand the reasons to observe children
- Identify the various techniques to make observations of children appropriately
- Know how to ensure the appropriate recording of the observations of children
Is this course for me?
Recommended to be completed within first 2 years of approval.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]