[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This course deals with some of the new challenges around protecting children on the Internet and other technologies. It explores best practice in parenting / caring in this digital age.
The course focuses on empowering children and young people to keep safe whilst encouraging them to be responsible Internet users. Those who are vulnerable in the offline world are also more vulnerable in the online world. This course enables carers to help their placement children to recognise the risks and benefits of online behaviour, which in turn helps to protect them. It gives adults up to date strategies on how to support children and young people as they interact with their constantly evolving online world.
- To be knowledgeable of new internet trends.
- Be able to use links to safeguarding sites/applications to help keep children and young people safe. Knowing how to use age and content restrictions where appropriate.
- Advise children on personal safety when using the Internet, mobile phones or other 3G/4G devices.
- Know how to act appropriately when coming across something awkward or suspicious.
- Understand specific online risks for Looked After Children.
- Make children aware of the potential problems associated with using the Internet and modern technologies.
- Appreciate the importance of playing a vital part in educating children and young people to adopt responsible behaviours when using online technologies.
Is this course for me?
Attendance on this course is MANDATORY for foster carer an update / refresher is required every three years.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.[/vc_column_text][mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” icon=”mk-moon-bubbles-2″ url=”/request-training/” align=”center” fullwidth=”true” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button][/vc_column][/vc_row]