This course will look at why it is important to think about Safe Care in relation to foster carers, their families and wider networks, ensuring children and young people in care are safe in a family environment.
This is an interactive training course, looking at different areas of risk and how to minimise them. You will also understand more about Local Area Designated Officer (LADO) and the risks that the digital world poses.
- To understand what Safer Caring is
- To understand how your role fits into the wider context of safeguarding children
- To develop strategies, knowledge and understanding that ensures safer caring in a ‘risk sensible’ way
- Have an understanding of Delegated Authority
- Weigh up risks in a variety of circumstances
- Develop strategies for keeping all members of the family and extended network safe
Is this course for me?
Recommended to be completed within the first 2 years of approval.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]