This program aims to assist participants to navigate the various pathways there may be for a child into their Sexualised Behaviours. The goal is also to build confidence and competence in mapping out and reinforcing key messages around how to manage sexual feelings and healthy relationships.
Learning Outcomes for Sexualised Behaviour Training:
- Recognise signs and symptoms indicating that a child or young person may have been sexually abused
- Understand how abuse impacts on development
- Understand usual sexual development
- How to respond to children and young people that tell or talk about sexual abuse
- Identify strategies to care for children that have or may have been sexually abused
- Consider possible risks both to the young person and wider community
- Understand why some children display harmful sexualised behaviours and how to manage it
Who is Sexualised Behaviour training for?
This course is suited to those working with vulnerable children and young people, such as foster carers, social workers and housing officers.
Level: beginner / intermediate. This course can also be adapted to an advanced level for skilled practitioners.
As with all of our courses, a bespoke option is available at no additional cost, so give us a call or drop Tori a line on email@example.com to discuss how this vital learning can be tailored to meet your needs.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]