The Solutions Focussed approach works by eliciting and exploring the person’s reasons for change within an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion. The majority of work undertaken by social workers and foster carers is that of addressing conflict, be that within the family or between professionals and families. However, it is solutions that need to be found to ensure that the well-being of the child is paramount.
This approach strengthens an individual’s motivation for, and movement towards a specific goal (for instance engaging in child protection work, participating in the work-focused activity, reducing offending, adopting healthy eating practices etc.)
It is a valuable tool for all practitioners because it is straightforward, versatile and can be put into practice immediately.
This course ensures that participants can:
- Understand the philosophy behind solution-focused interventions.
- Consider some of the innovations brought in with solution-focused brief interventions.
- Know when solution focussed approaches are the most appropriate strategies to use.
- Demonstrate using solution focussed conversations for supporting individuals.
- Consider how solution-focused conversations can move people towards recovery.
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. Also, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Level: beginner / intermediate
This course can be adapted to an advanced level for skilled practitioners.
Courses are also available specifically for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]