This training course is aimed at carers who look after children or young people that have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or are on the Autistic Spectrum. Participants will gain a better understanding of ADHD and Autism and the effect they have on children and young people. The course also teaches how to provide supportive care and includes key basic techniques for effective interventions.
- Have a basic understanding of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Understand the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder (Condition)’
- Have the insight and skills necessary to deal with these behavioural difficulties and modify them at the earliest possible age
- Be able to employ management techniques to improve the behavioural difficulties of children and young people with Conduct Disorders
- Understand the challenges associated with the ASD and the triad of impairments
- Effectively understand the ASD perspective
- Be able to identify the triggers and behaviours
- Know how to “Think and speak autistic” (Lawson)
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]