This course aims to support carers and their families when dealing with issues around bullying. It will develop their awareness of how and why bullying happens and offer techniques to support both the victim and the perpetrator.
This course includes some information on cyber-bullying and bullying related to race or identity. It also covers an explanation of the school’s responsibilities in this area.
- Able to recognise the signs of bullying
- Understand methods of bullying prevention
- Have strategies to deal with both the victims and perpetrators of bullying
- Know about the relevant laws in relation to racial and cyber bullying
- Understand school policy and practice in response to bullying
- Understand how bullying can happen via mobile phones, Internet & online social networks
- Understand the ways in which bullying can significantly affect the emotional welfare of children and young people
- Clarify the role of schools and other agencies with special reference to looked after children
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
[mk_button dimension=”flat” size=”xx-large” url=”/request-training/” align=”center” margin_top=”20″]Request Training[/mk_button]