This course will aim to increase the delegate’s knowledge and understanding of drug culture and the role of drugs within society. We also explore the range of drugs and substances that can be misused and cover their effects and the risks associated with misusing them.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Identify the main groups of drugs.
- Have a broad understanding of the reasons why people use substances.
- Have a better understanding of drug use trends.
- Have a better understanding of the psychosocial implications of drug use.
- Have an overview of the current legislation around controlled substances.
- Enable individuals to access specialist services.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided