Although cannabis is the most widely used illicit drug in the UK, many workers are under-confident when discussing it. This course rectifies this situation, providing the first detailed training on all aspects of cannabis use. This includes young recreational users through to more entrenched users. No previous drugs training is required, although this would be useful.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand the various types of cannabis and the variances in strength and quality.
- Understand cannabis risks and how to address these.
- Understand cannabis dependency and how to respond to this.
- Be able to implement harm reduction strategies with users.
- Be more confident in discussing cannabis with users.
- Be able to understand the legal framework as applied to cannabis.
- Understand in more detail the interface between cannabis and mental health.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided