This course seeks to explore the dynamics that can exist between workers and clients. We focus specifically on how workers can ensure that the initial assessment session is as productive and engaging as possible whilst still completing all required paperwork as painlessly as possible.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand how client and worker expectations impact on a session.
- Describe worker prerequisites for a successful session.
- Prepare and undertake an assessment exercise.
- Role-play the assessment process.
- Discuss how to ask assessment questions effectively.
- Describe different methods of note taking during assessment.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided