This course allows workers to see beyond needle exchange and look at the wide range of other harm reduction interventions that they could explore.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Explain key reasons for adopting a harm reduction approach.
- Critique the pros and cons of harm reduction.
- Have a better understanding of the ethical issues within harm reduction.
- Illustrate stages within the cycle of change to introduce harm reduction.
- Describe harm reduction interventions on a drug by drug basis.
- Apply harm reduction in practice scenarios.
- Recognise examples of drug related harm.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided