This course will aim to increase participant’s knowledge of depressants including their physical, psychological and social effects. This course is particularly suitable for staff offering key information to clients on heroin and other opiates. It is a chance for workers to really understand what opiates are, where they come from and how they work.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Have an improved understanding of heroin use and the use of other opiates.
- Have increased awareness of how and why people use heroin.
- Have improved skills in reducing risk of overdose.
- Understand the range of treatment options available.
- Confidently assess and respond to the needs of heroin users.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided