This two-day course will explore the concept, principles and benefits of ITEP. It will assess how the techniques can be applied to improve interventions with clients experiencing drug and alcohol problems.
‘Node-Link Mapping’ is a cognitive approach, which encourages clearer and more systematic thinking and can be an effective tool in support sessions to help maintain focus, support behavioural change and address unhelpful thought-processes. It is particularly useful when working with new clients, difficult to engage clients and clients who have been ‘stuck’ in the treatment system for some time.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand the concept and principles of ITEP and Node-Link Mapping.
- Incorporate Node-Link Mapping into their daily role as a tool for improved treatment effectiveness.
- Understand how Maps can be used effectively on new, difficult to engage and ‘stuck’ clients.
- Develop skills to enhance communication and rapport with clients.
- Enable clients to work more collaboratively in their treatment process.
- Gain flexible tools that work well across all interventions and focus key work sessions
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided