This course will enable those working with vulnerable clients to be confident and competent with their duty of care. It is suitable for anybody that is responsible for the needs of service users, whether that is through frontline delivery, services or management of a project or service.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Identify factors that impact on an individual’s ability to access accommodation, employment, education and training.
- Explore appropriate intervention strategies to empower individuals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the networks supporting individuals.
- Identify local specialist agencies in relation to housing, benefits, employment, training and education.
- Formulate an action plan based on Egan’s Skilled Helper Model.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided