There is now greater recognition that recovery management is a key approach to working with people with substance use issues. Integrating recovery into treatment services is becoming the central focus in the commissioning of drug and alcohol treatment services. This course is useful for drug and alcohol workers and managers.
This course ensures that participants are able to:
- Understand what recovery is and the process of recovery.
- Understand evidence-based practice: recording work for clients, practitioner managers and commissioners.
- Recognise the role of recovery within the drug and alcohol treatment system.
- Critique the Maintenance Model and the Recovery Process.
- Learn the Skills of Graphics, Facilitation, PATH and MAPS.
- Learn skills around coping with urges and cravings.
- Identify and cope effectively with high-risk situations.
- Enable clients to work more collaboratively in their treatment process.
Format: Taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, whole group discussion.
Hand-outs: Full hand-outs and sources of further information will be provided.