Home-Based Training that is concise, relevant and engaging
Engaging your teams in their vital CPD during lockdown-life is a challenge. As your people juggle family, work and homeschooling. Our Trauma-Informed Practice Online Training is concise and engaging.
Levels of risk to vulnerable children and young people are higher than ever. Although Ofsted is deferring inspection visits, organisations are still expected to meet their statutory duties as far as possible.
Commissioned Courses, Open Courses and e-learning options
Our Trauma-Informed Practice Online training offers the solution
Whilst in-person meetings are prohibited, we can still bring people together in live training sessions, where we challenge perceptions, develop competencies and gain implementable skills.
You still need flexible, dynamic training so ALL of our usual courses are now delivered in virtual training rooms.
How does virtual training work?
This live training includes all the interactive elements of a collective learning experience:
- Group discussions
- Small group discussions in break-out groups
You will still have access to additional resources:
- Full slide-deck
- Training notes
- Full evaluation report
We use Zoom, which is entirely free for all commissioners and participants and works for phones or laptops.
Why not take one of our Open Courses? Or speak to Tori on email@example.com.
Open Courses – Training on the subjects you really need
During this current time of crisis, vulnerable families, children and young people face even higher levels of risk, whilst the staff and carers supporting them deal with the greater challenges of balancing work and family life.
Are you a Foster Carer looking for new strategies, or perhaps you are the manager of a small organisation wishing to access training for just 2 or 3 staff members?
We know that many of those in your care have complex developmental trauma, so you need flexible training that supports these needs.
In response to this complex situation, we are offering affordable training through “Open Courses” on the subjects that are most critical for vulnerable children and adults right now.
Why is Trauma-Informed Practice crucial during this crisis?
We believe that “Therapeutic Care” should always be the norm, rather than a specialism. Now it is needed more than ever as the current situation impacts on children and young people recovering from trauma for several reasons:
- A sudden separation from loved ones and friends
- Loss of routine
- Increased stress levels of carers
- Loss of regulating physical activities
Typical parenting/caring strategies may not be enough to make these children and young people feel safe, resulting in:
- Increased challenging behaviour
- Relapsing of drug use or self-harm
- Going missing from home
- Exploring unsafe areas online
- Increased compassion fatigue in carers
Each Open Course costs £30 per person and includes:
- 2-hours live interactive training using Zoom
- Course notes
- A certificate
Choose from the six topics below
Contact Tori to book your place: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundations in Trauma-Informed Practice, Biological: Monday 01/06/20 1 pm – 3 pm
Foundations in Trauma-Informed Practice, Psychosocial: Monday 08/06/20 1 pm – 3 pm
P.A.C.E.: Monday 15/06/20 1 pm – 3 pm
Solution Focussed Communication with Children & Young People: Monday 22/06/20 1 pm – 3 pm
Therapeutic Care with Secure Base: Monday 29/06/20 1 pm – 3 pm
Managing Challenging Behaviour: Friday 10/07/20 10 am – 12 noon
Are you a Local Authority, Foster Care Agency or other Social Care organisation looking for high quality, live, interactive home-based training for your teams?
We are now running our full suite of courses for your staff and carers within our virtual training rooms. See the categories below.
All key learning objectives are met through this medium, enabling you to continue to meet your duty of care for your teams and those in their care.
What are the benefits of home-based training with Social Care Training Solutions?
- All courses are engaging and interactive with all group discussions, role-playing and action planning you would expect from live training.
- Sessions delivered at the right time for your people – anywhere between 8 am and 8 pm, on weekdays or weekends.
- Flexible course duration – from 2 hours to a full day for more in-depth topics.
- Free e-learning modules with every course to consolidate learning.
- Post-course direct access to your trainer to answer your questions.
- Instant access to course notes and certificates.
- Full evaluation reports supplied, with detailed individual feedback enabling you to evidence who attended, and the quality of training.