These two physical and cognitive disorders can have a devastating impact on children and families. During the course, we will demystify these conditions and explore strategies to support the child.
- What is FASD?
- How does it occur/happen?
- How do you recognise, diagnose and manage FAS in a clinical setting?
- How does it affect a child/individual?
- What support does a child / young person need in the community and in school?
- What are the long term implications?
- What is the impact on our current practice?
- What changes do we need to consider/implement in our future work?
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.