Supporting Children with Autism: Training for Foster Carers and Social Workers
This training course is aimed at carers who look after children or young people that are on the Autistic Spectrum. Participants will gain a better understanding of Autism and the effect this has on children and young people. The course also teaches how to provide supportive care and includes key basic techniques for effective interventions.
- Understand the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder (Condition)’
- Have more of an awareness of the challenges associated with the ASD and the triad of impairments
- Effectively understand the ASD perspective
- Have a better understanding of triggers and behaviours
- “Think and speak autistic” (Lawson)
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Level: can be delivered at a standard or advanced level for skilled practitioners.
Please contact Tori on [email protected].com to discuss how this course can work for your teams