Allegations – live training for Foster Carers and Social Workers.
This is an interactive training course, looking at different areas of risk and how to minimise them. You will also understand more about Local Area Designated Officer (LADO), the risks that the digital world poses and the process of investigating allegations.
- To explain the differences between allegations and complaints and why they are made
- An understanding of the child’s view in making an allegation
- Roll of the SSW
- Sources of further assistance and independent support
- Advice on what to do if an allegation is made against you
- Reflection on the impact on the whole family
- Identify good practise in minimising the risk of allegations
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.