This assertiveness training course is highly interactive, practical and yet supportive. It uses many different forms of learning to develop assertiveness skills and lift self-confidence to enable you to work more effectively. The aim is to feel better about saying ‘no‘ without having to change who we are.
- What is assertive communication?
- Why use assertive communication?
- The advantages of assertiveness in communication
- What assertive communication is not
- Identifying behavioural choices and how we support a young person to use them
- Characteristics of assertiveness in communication
This course is for Foster Carers and Adopters as well as their Supervising Social Workers. It is also suitable for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.