Observation, Analytical skills with Reflective Practice & Recording Skills
Observation and recording are essential elements when working with children and their families. We understand that not all carers may enjoy keeping records, so we have created a specialised course emphasising the importance of observation in building relationships with young people.
Our course is tailored to care staff in various settings and aims to assist them in fulfilling their obligations and duties to observe and accurately record concerns. Monitoring and recording effectively are crucial in providing excellent service to those in your care.
Recording is a vital aspect of social care and is at the core of providing sound, person-centred support. Our course highlights the importance of observation in fulfilling your duty of care to safeguard young people.
We also cover the myths surrounding reflective practice in our comprehensive course. Critical reflection enables us to analyse what we have learned and how we have learned it, leading to clearer thinking and minimising emotional bias. Our Reflective Practice Improves Work Performance course delves into the theory of Reflective Practice to enhance personal development, caregiving, and organisational improvement. Aspiring person-centred practitioners looking to develop advanced skills can benefit significantly from this course.
- Identify the impact of selective perception on observation and recording
- Distinguish fact from opinion and provide an assessment and analysis of information
- Maintain accurate, complete, accessible and up-to-date records and reports
- Provide evidence for judgements and decisions
- Learn what reflective practice is all about and how to apply it.
- Understand the importance of reflective practice at work.
- Develop the skills required to improve work performance.
- Develop a toolset for using thoughtful planning with carers and young people.
- Consider the agency implication
- Share records appropriately with individuals, families and carers
- Consider how we can apply it to practice
Format: This is a live training session through the platform "Zoom". It includes taught sections, small group work, work in pairs, and whole group discussions.
Hand-outs & Certificates: Downloadable hand-outs and certificates will be provided.