Child Criminal Exploitation Training
“County Lines” is in the news again this week, described as an “epidemic in child criminal exploitation”. This is undoubtedly a hot topic and one which is of great concern for any of us working with vulnerable young people.
Do your teams need more information about Child Criminal Exploitation?
A recent article in The Guardian stresses the importance of understanding “how technology and social media is being used to coerce, control, blackmail and track the movements of children as young as 11.”
This topic is complex. It includes grooming, child sexual exploitation and gang culture. It demands that we take our understanding of online and social media safety to a whole new level if we are to support current victims and prevent future recruitment.
We have therefore developed a thorough face-to-face course to meet these needs.
This Child Criminal Exploitation Training ensures that participants can:
- Understand what “County Lines” are
- Understand traditional drug markets
- Understand the vulnerabilities and indicators
- Know the context of criminal exploitation
- Understand how major drug dealers supply these markets
- Look at how vulnerable people are groomed, coerced, and forced to assist them
- Understand the role that Social Media plays in the process
- Understand our legal responsibility and how we should respond
This is an issue that is constantly evolving, as gangs use new methods to control vulnerable young people – we need to keep up.
Get in touch to discuss how this child criminal exploitation training can be tailored to the needs of your teams – email@example.com