Harrowing experiences of war and conflict, the challenges of settling into a new environment and the inability to communicate in English makes young refugees and asylum seekers one of the most vulnerable groups of children and young people in care.
This training will ensure staff and foster carers have the tools needed to give these vulnerable children and young people the best possible life chances.
- Improved understanding of the experience of being an unaccompanied asylum-seeking or refugee child
- Explore the UK asylum-seeking process and legal framework
- Increase awareness of the needs of unaccompanied asylum-seeking or refugee children
- How to meet the needs of these children more effectively
- Explore your own values and beliefs about this client group
Is this course for me?
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.